FEAR OF CHANGE
If you live your life always being afraid then you are not really living. Think on those fears and decide to act irrespective of them . . . TAC.
I’m not really sure it is possible to have a fearless life. Something is bound to scare the crap out of you, but it is possible to live a fearless life. One that you acknowledge the fears but you go on to achieve the things that the fear would have kept you from achieving.
WELCOME TO 2016
Many people are afraid of change. Being a change agent and catalyst, I have seen this in various degrees and fashions. Peeps would rather things stayed the same so that they don’t have to worry much and some other peeps who preach change are consciously or unconsciously, fighting it. One fears comments like, ‘leave it the way it is’, ‘this is the way our fathers did it’, ‘it is a family tradition/culture’ e.t.c.
This new year, some of you have made new year resolutions but you are scared deep within that you wouldn’t pull through. Especially since it’s the same one you made last January and in June. If you fail there then you don’t need a new year to realise you aren’t ready for change yet.
To some others the fear of the future seems to hold you back. You know that there are things you would do when you quit your job but there seems to be too many uncertainties that keep you paralysed! Hey! I seem to be talking to you right?
Listen to me. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained. If you don’t launch out this year it would be the same old routine for you. The year would end and another would start and you would stay the same. So what do you need to proceed?
- What would I do if I was fearless? Write them all out
- Why am I not doing them? List them all out as well
- What sort of plan B do I have in place and how important are the things I listed in number 1 above?
- Break down the things you have written into steps of action. E.g. Today I would . . . . Always ensure you start today because there is no end to tomorrow.
- Develop a sense of urgency to achieving the little steps that fit into the big goal. Do it quickly and immediately.
- Celebrate little steps along the way. There’s nothing better than a pat on the back to him who is fainting.
- Be the Best Version of you That You Can Be.
Welcome to 2016. I would really like to hear from you. Please leave me a comment or send me an email. I’d be sure to reply. Also want to use this medium to appreciate and thank everyone who donated to the prison visitation, we were able to raise 236 copies of Open Heavens. God bless you all. It’s time for change and #NewThings. See you next week or so, until then . . . Remember to THINK ACT CHANGE your world!
Oladapo Omotosho is a trained public health specialist, public speaker and wealth generation consultant. He believes in people pushing the limits around them. He runs the Think Act Change (TAC) campaign which is focused on helping people get the best out of life. He currently has 3 years public speaking experience, a close relationship with God and is working on a project to impact 1000 lives directly before 2020.