We complain that we don’t have the time to read the Word or the Word of God seems ‘boring’ or not easy to understand.
Truth is you to set aside time to read God’s word.
The bible isn’t boring. You have to change your mindset and the way you approach it.
I wrote a post a while back about hearing and understanding the Word of God. I went on to list a couple of benefits of studying the bible. I’ve listed those benefits below:
– We have freedom. Psalm 119 verse 73, also John 8:31-32 tells us that we shall know the truth and the truth shall set us free. The HolySpirit is our Teacher. Where is this truth? In the word of God! Another way of knowing the truth is knowing Jesus. That’s the very first step.
– We would have understanding about things happening around us; Proverbs 4:7. It sheds light on things we can’t figure out on our own; Psalm 119 verse 130.
– We would know who we are and how precious we are to God.
– We would know our Inheritance as a Christian. It’s amazing how little we know of our worth in Christ. We don’t act like people that have authority or power. Luke 10:19. There’s no way you can know that unless you read your bible and get to know what God says about you.
– We would get to know more about God’s love for us.
Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
Joshua 1:8 NLT
Joshua 1 verse 8 tells us to meditate on the word of God day and night so that we may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Did you get that? We would be prosperous and successful if we are careful to do everything written in the word of God.
For those interested in getting deeper in the Word of God we are having a study on the book of 2 Corinthians. It would run from tomorrow, 19th of April till sometime in May and it’s only on weeknights.
If you are interested get in touch asap.
Send me an email @ firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number.